[lug] Backup system ideas

billjorg at qwest.net billjorg at qwest.net
Fri May 20 11:02:20 MDT 2005

Dan:

How much do you need to backup?

I am aware of some very "sucessful" backup environments that use Amanda
with HP DAT tape decks. The amount of data and rotation of the tapes would
drive the type of hardware architecture. Unfortunately I have not used
Amanda personally, but I have had to support shops that do. It seems to
take very good care of their needs.

HTH,

Bill