[lug] Email hosting

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Fri May 20 15:24:57 MDT 2005

Michael Belanger wrote:
> Greetings everyone..
> I have been using godaddy.com for domain registry for a while, but when
> I also tried them with email, I found them to be pretty bad.  They don't
> support linux or browsers/email clients other than MS.
>
> Any recommendations for domain email hosting that are linux or
> multiclient friendly?  I prefer IMAP, but I will grit my teeth and make
> pop work if it means a more predictable, maintainable, and reliable
> email experience.
How much are looking to spend? I have client testing webail.us. They provide
imap access (in addition to web access) and work with thunderbird with no
major problems so far. Downside is they don't provide an ldap address book
facility and they use windows for their infrastructure. $5/mo w/ 100MB of
space. Can have domains just point mx records to their servers.