[lug] Backup system ideas

Joshua Rubin joshua at cybertron.cc
Fri May 20 16:21:59 MDT 2005

I just went to download this to give it a try but am getting a 404 Not Found
error. Here is the link: http://www.dirvish.org/dirvish_1.2.1.tar.gz
Since it is only 50KB, could someone email this to me?
Thanks,
Joshua

On Friday 20 May 2005 03:24 pm, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Warren Sanders wrote:
> > rsync! Here is a classy take on rsync: http://www.dirvish.org/
>
> Wow...
>
> I decided to give dirvish a whirl (pun intended!) on a couple of home
> machines just to see how it did, and I'm impressed.
>
> That's really damn cool.
>
> I just decided to set up a cronjob for that and leave it running on the
> internal big disk machine -- now it'll grab snapshots of the other two
> boxes nightly.
>
> Slick.  We'll see how it handles errors and dumb stuff like machines
> being off, etc... over time...
>
> Nate

Joshua Rubin
joshua at cybertron.cc

http://www.rubix-os.org

My PGP Public Key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0xBECC02AE&op=index

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
 sure about the the universe."

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is
 a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

 -- Albert Einstein