[lug] Installing j2se on RHEL 3?

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:56:41 MDT 2005

On 5/24/05, Jeffrey Siegal <jbs at quiotix.com> wrote:
> I install the non-RPM version.  No problems at all.

this was on RHEL 3?  Cause when I try that I get the usual license
agreement.  When I agree to it this happens:

Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or no]
yes
tail: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1'
Try `tail --help' for more information.
./j2sdk-1_4_2_08-linux-i586.bin: line 359: [: -lt: unary operator expected
Unpacking...
tail: cannot open `+511' for reading: No such file or directory
Checksumming...
1
The download file appears to be corrupted.  Please refer
to the Troubleshooting section of the Installation
Instructions on the download page for more information.
Please do not attempt to install this archive file.

Michael