[lug] Samba connectivity question

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Thu May 26 08:43:06 MDT 2005

So it sounds like DNS resolution isn't working correctly on the win98
boxes.  So, you can set up a DNS box and point the clients at that, edit
the /etc/hosts equivalent (which was always hit and miss for me in the
past), or set up microsofts approved name resolution mechanism for win98.

Once I could get name resolution working correctly, I've been able to get
the file share/network browsing to work.

HughB