[lug] Mozilla printing question

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Mon Jun 13 10:42:13 MDT 2005

Bear Giles wrote:
> I can't believe this is a problem.
>
> I lost my customize Mozilla print command when I upgraded to 1.7.8.  I
> have a postscript ready printer, but it's version 2014.116 and Mozilla
> requires at least 2015 for some bizarre reason.  (Why would they
> deliberately break on hardware that's only a few years old?)
>
> So I tried to set it up again, and I can't find the printer selection
> dialog anywhere.  I can't find a way to print to file anywhere.
>
> Have I lost it?  Or is Mozilla 1.7.8 severely broken?

I only use 1.7.3. On this version, if you do "file", "print...", the
print to file is a radio button at the top of that page, along with the
printer selection. If it isn't still there, maybe it moved...but perhaps
they just accidentally left it out also (bug report?). I can't imagine
they left it out on purpose. One other alternate idea, perhaps it was an
option in some way and whoever compiled it did not use the right
option...in which case you could build from source and get it back. I'm
tempted to upgrade now just to see.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net