[lug] another quasi-debian problem: fvwm

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Mon Jun 13 11:26:49 MDT 2005

Daniel Webb wrote:
> That's a shame, I was considering spending some time to check out fvwm, I've
> read that "it is to KDE as Mutt is to Evolution", which for me is praise.  I
> use a lot of older machines, and KDE is slow and bloated on them, although it
> works fine aside from that.

I love it because it's lightweight but not so minimal that it's
difficult to work with.  But it looks like somebody got hit with a
severe case of... something... because the new version has heavy
crap like shaded windows, transparent windows, etc.

Maybe you can still set up a lightweight WM if you start from scratch.

In any case I reinstalled the version from sid and am back up
again. You might want to try that.