[lug] Qmail help plz...

Paul Nowosielski paul at celebrityaccess.com
Mon Jun 13 16:41:40 MDT 2005

Hi All,

 I have a small issue with qmail and was hoping someone could point me
in the correct direction.

I have a qmail server behind a firewall box. The qmail server has a
192.168.xxx.xxx IP. All mail to this server is forward by the firewall
box using iptables.

 The problem I'm having is that when mail is sent from the qmail box to
any other (domain) box behind the firewall it resolves to the internet
IP and not to the 192.168.xxx.xxx. Therefore the mail is bounced because
of firewall issues.

What I *cannot* do is change the config on the FW box. So I'm looking
for an equivalent to /etc/postfix/transports so I can specify direct
paths to the other server.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

--