[lug] Qmail and spamassassin

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Mon Jun 20 10:04:49 MDT 2005

Does anyone have a quick howto for running spamassassin under
qmail/vpopmail? I have the Qmail toaster installed on one machine, and
qmailinstall on another, and I've installed spamassassin per its
instructions but no spam is being filtered as far as I can tell.

I tried modifying .qmail-default to pipe first to spamc but I was
getting lseek_error_29/lseek_errno=29 whenever new mail arrived.

It looks like spamd is running as a service.

The toaster does not include qmail-scanner.

How to I insert spamassassin into the qmail chain?

-Mike