[lug] Automatically setting route on KRUD/FC3

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:24:00 MDT 2005

On 6/20/05, Elyse M. Grasso <emgrasso at data-raptors.com> wrote:

[ snips ]

> > > There is a line
> > > GATEWAYDEV= # this is for setting default route
> > >
> > > in my ifcfg-eth0 that I cannot find mentioned in any google results for
> ifcfg
> > > files, and I'm wondering if this may be part of the problem.
>
> Cleaning out the files seems to have fixed things. I strongly suspect that the
> RedHat tools putting that GATEWAYDEV line in the ifcfg file is what broke
> things...

I don't have any doco, but you shouldn't have to have GATEWAYDEV if
you only have one nic, but if present it must be correct, of course.
We have to use GATEWAYDEV in the case where more than one nic is used,
or the network will use the gateway from the second nic as the
GATEWAYDEV with disastrous results.

--
 Collins
       Head teachers of the world unite: you have nothing to lose but