[lug] Samba or other non-Microsoft PDC ON Windows?

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Tue Jun 21 11:49:15 MDT 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 11:05 am, David Anselmi wrote:
> Elyse M. Grasso wrote:
> [...]
> > Has anyone heard of any PDC implementation for Windows other than
Microsoft's?

> I'm using Samba.  My Linux server is a PDC.  It operates as a Win2k PDC
> but XP doesn't seem to complain (most clients are Win2k also).  You can
> probably set XP to hate Samba but by default it doesn't (for some values
> of default).
>
> I didn't do much beyond read the Samba docs on making a PDC.  And
> googling for a problem that a config change from 2.x to 3.x caused.
>
> Dave

If I was going to be on a network with access to a server, that is what I
would do. The problem is running Windows XP demos on a standalone laptop.
That's why I asked for alternative PDCs that would run on XP.

--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology
http://www.astraltrading.com   Divination and Science Fiction