[lug] Qmail and spamassassin

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jun 22 22:36:11 MDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 10:04:49AM -0600, Michael Deck wrote:
>Does anyone have a quick howto for running spamassassin under
>qmail/vpopmail? I have the Qmail toaster installed on one machine, and
>qmailinstall on another, and I've installed spamassassin per its
>instructions but no spam is being filtered as far as I can tell.

qpsmtpd is a good option for many anti-spam features.  You'll probably also
want sa-useradmin to allow users to manage their settings.  Of course, I'd
push vPostMaster (shameless plug) which includes spamassassin and other
anti-spam features and web-based control for the users.

qpsmtpd does lots of good anti-spam stuff, like "early talker" and
greylisting.

Sean
--
 "Ayn Rand books and guns...  You guys take World Domination seriously."
 "It's our job."  -- Conversation with Luke Jones about Rob Riggs place.