[lug] Local phone service with Comcast--any experience?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Jun 26 01:29:27 MDT 2005

Daniel Webb wrote:

> I've had no reason to go looking for routers, mine work perfectly.  That's no
> small feat; I've tried wireless gear from every major brand, and never found a
> model except the WRT54G 2.0 that doesn't lock up within a week or have some
> other blatant problem.  I've spending many, many hours working with this stuff
> in real-world setups, and I can tell you with certainty that 99% of consumer
> wireless gear is total crap.

You're absolutely right.  You have to pay more for something than a nice
meal for two costs -- for it to operate as well as you're expecting them
to.  Basic economics.

The frustration is understandable but quite futile for a device that
probably costs $25-$35 to produce.

If anyone's needs for their network include uptime; they don't buy stuff
in the $100 retail price range or below to handle the job.

I'm glad you found some that work well, it's more of a feat at that
price than you might think.

Nate