[lug] Qmail and spamassassin

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Jun 26 02:16:33 MDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 11:23:44AM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
>All good stuff.  What I really like with qpsmtpd, however, is the plugin
>to cause it to refuse to accept mail to non-existent addresses.  The
>dumb qmail smtp daemon would just take everything, to the point that our

The stock qmail isn't very good about this.  Years ago I created a patch
called "goodrcptto", which is the inverse of "badrcptto", but with higher
priority.  So, in "badrcptto" you could list "@example.com" to reject all
incoming recipients, then in "goodrcptto" list exactly the set of valid
addresses you have in example.com.

The problem is if you are adding a bunch of extension sub-addresses...

Of course, Postfix does that by default.

Sean
--
 The price of freedom is responsibility, but it's a bargain because freedom
 is priceless.  -- Hugh Downs