[lug] QT 4 is out

Timothy Klein tck at silverklein.net
Tue Jun 28 14:34:52 MDT 2005

On Jun 28, 2005, at 2:16 PM, D. Stimits wrote:

> Don't know if anyone here is interested, but Trolltech (http://
> www.trolltech.com) finally released Qt 4, and made the windows
> version available under GPL (the linux version was always available
> under GPL, even when beta). I have to wonder though how long it'll
> take before distros start using version 4 in KDE, or how long it'll
> be till various distros make Qt 4 available at the same time as 3.

I have a numerical differential equation solver that I want to wrap a
GUI around.  Currently, rather than target a specific platform, I've
been using Java.  Now, I can give Qt a whirl and do the same thing
(albeit a bit more painfully), as I can get free editions for X11,
Mac, and Windows.  I'll have to try it one of these days.  (Although
I have to admit I'm getting kind of used to Java ...).

Tim