[lug] Filtering by User-Agent with procmail

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Tue Jul 5 13:30:32 MDT 2005

Hey there.
I am trying to come up with a little procmail rule to move all email sent from
Outlook Express to $SUSPECT_MAIL mbox.

:0B
* ^User-Agent:.*Outlook Express
$SUSPECT_MAIL

Is this correct or will I need more wildcards?

It appears that someone on my network has a zombie windows machine sending out
spam to our mail lists and individuals.  The messages are getting right through
spamassassin even though they are obviously spam.

I am hoping to narrow the list of suspects by examining email sent by Outlook
Express since most, if not all, of my people should be using Mozilla or
Thunderbird for email.

-M

--
Michael Belanger