[lug] setting up proxy server?

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Wed Jul 6 19:37:14 MDT 2005

Forward HTTP/FTP.

I think I got it working with squid.  Now I just need to figure
out how to tell the windows people how to set up their browsers to
use it.  It's easy under Mozilla (preference -> advanced ->
proxies), but I couldn't find it for MSIE/W98 and I don't have
more recent versions.

Firefox isn't an option since many of these sites require MSIE in
addition to preregistered static IP addresses.  (That's why I need
to set up a proxy in the first place.)