[lug] Suggestions for Burn-In testing

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Thu Jul 7 12:48:23 MDT 2005

I'm in the process of configuring a new server that will run SUSE Linux 9.3
(already got it installed).

I've run Memtest86 on it, but I was thinking about some sort of software
that could do some disk write loading, and misc. stability tests. I'd like
to be pretty confident the box is going to be stable before I spend the time
doing the final configuration, and actually put it in production.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could use?

The box will be hosting our calendar software for 50 customers (initially),
and hopefully up to 200 before it maxes out.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585