[lug] Puzzle with find

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Jul 7 15:14:22 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 16:37 -0400, Gordon Golding wrote:
> I want to find any file whose name contains "install"
> I do:  find / -name *install*

locate -r "\/\s*install\s*$"

This only works for files available the last time the locate database
was updated.  If you need it to work for current files, just rerun the
database (which I think is just "locate -u" run as root, but I"m not
sure about that).
--
Michael J. Hammel           |   Often, when I am reading a good book, I stop
The Graphics Muse           |   and thank my teacher.  That is, I used to,