[lug] crashed mozilla, upgrade, now it wants to make all things html

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Jul 12 13:36:16 MDT 2005

Well, the topic has it. I had an older version of mozilla crash, and I
decided to upgrade to mozilla 1.7.8 suite. This fixed the crash,
but...now it *wants* to always send as html unless a recipient is
specifically marked as not wanting html. I can't get rid of it. I want
to send plain text by default. In my options, there is a composition
section for mail and newsgroups. That section has NO option listed to
use plain text by default, it only has a bunch of character encoding
options. How the heck do I turn off this insane desire by mozilla to
send html format? Oh, in the send format section, it has options of what
to do when a recipient is not listed as html recipient, and I am trying
to send html...this is not what I want...I *want* it to default to
sending plain text, not to default to html then ask me...and if I really
do try to send html then I *do* want it to ask me.

Is this the new policy of mozilla...to always try to send html...and not
offer an option to make plain text by default? In the main toolbar is an
item "Options", and inside it "Format", which offers to let me set to
plain text. But...I always have to go back and check this again each
email...I want it to default to plain text, not make me check it every
email.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net