[lug] Idea for ISPs to limit spam/zombies

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:31:27 MDT 2005

On 7/13/05, Bear Giles <bgiles at coyotesong.com> wrote:

[ snips ]

> Going through comcast, for instance, means that they
> have legitimate possession of your mail and can do things to it.
> Dark, vile things...
>
> It will almost certainly go past some
> secret government sniffer exercising some secret search warrant
> from some secret court.

I just geta chuckle out of the dark, viles things people do with my
mail. I use gmail for everything, and I'm sure some evil person has
long since scoped out the fact that I'm subscribed to such subversive
organizations as linux-user, CentOS, gentoo-users,  a local php group,
financial advisories, and the occasional conservative news outlet.

Strange, though, no FBI agents are beating down my door <grin>. I
wonder if that would change if I visited sites like "How to grow weed
in your bathtub" or "Explosives for fun and profit"?

Oh yeah, and everything I do is unencrypted. so that makes me doubly
vulnerable to all those supposed dark, supposed evil, supposed
monitors.

Alfred E. Newman (sp?) said it all: What, me worry?

--
 Collins
       Head teachers of the world unite: you have nothing to lose but