[lug] A challenge...

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 14 10:21:31 MDT 2005

I've been round-and-round with the following machine trying to install
amd64 debian sarge.

MB: Tyan K8WE
CPUs: 2 x Opteron 244
SCSI Controller:  LSI21320RB and another LSI U160 card (not simultaneously)
Hard Drives:  Fujitsu U320 drives
NIC: Older 3COM

Knoppix boots and sees and runs everything.  I have at times gotten as
far as successfully installing GRUB during the installation, but I get a
"Operating System Not Found" error on the reboot.  I could get into more
details if necessary, but I'm hoping that someone (and by someone I mean
a debian install guru) out there in lug land might feel like sitting in
front of this thing and working some magic.

I'm located in the NOAA building just south of NIST <303-497-6460>.

Gary