[lug] another fedora rpm build question

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Thu Jul 14 14:59:43 MDT 2005

Ok, thanks to help from people in BLUG, I'm a few steps closer. I'm
still failing though, maybe someone can get me to the next step.

What I have is a tarball that builds a dynamic library. I'm creating an
srpm. From the --rebuild I hope to create as a side effect the .i386
binary rpm, the debug rpm (this seems to be automated), and a devel rpm
(which would contain only a header and a man page for the API).

What it is doing now is successfully creating an srpm. Then I start
building srpm via rpmbuild --rebuild. During the rebuild it places
libMyLib.so.0.0.0 in the $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_libdir}. This location turns
out to be (in my case)
~/rpm/tmp/<lib_name_here-0.0.0-1>/usr/lib/

In reality the srpm --rebuild is calling make install with this
directory to place the lib file there. Then the Makefile make install
adds sym links. Hard file is:
libMyLib.so.0.0.0
...sym links are:
libMyLib.so.0.0 -> libMyLib.so.0.0.0
libMyLib.so.0 -> libMyLib.so.0.0
libMyLib.so -> libMyLib.so.0

Up to this point all seems good. It now fails:
Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
~/rpm/tmp/libMyLib-0.0.0-1
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
    /usr/lib/libMyLib.so
    /usr/lib/libMyLib.so.0
    /usr/lib/libMyLib.so.0.0
    /usr/lib/libMyLib.so.0.0.0

To me it looks like I now need to instruct it to create the binary i386
rpm via these files, and remove the temp stuff. In srpms, is there any
special macro that will tell it to use this location to create the i386?
Is there some macro I can use to tell it to create the devel rpm that
contains the header file and man page? It builds the binary files, now I
need to find out how to take it to the next step.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net