[lug] rpm spec: ldconfig-symlink

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 15:48:24 MDT 2005

I'm trying to figure out the proper way to provide sym links in an rpm.
My lib produces a libMyLib.so.0.0.0, and I need sym links from 0.0.0 to
0.0, and this to 0, so on. If I use the sym links installed from the
Makefile, it complains one way. If I use only the base file and
%define _unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0
...to keep it from stopping when ignoring the Makefile installed
symlinks, it complains another way during rpmlint of the i386 binary
rpm. I get an error similar to:
E: libCLIwrap no-ldconfig-symlink /usr/lib/libMyLib.so.0.0.0

This makes it look like maybe rpm has a specific spec file "%directive"
(I don't know what to call them in general, other than directive) to
perform library sym linking. Is there some accepted practice for making
library sym links when I want the hard link to be 0.0.0 format, then sym
linked in order till it reaches libMyLib.so as a final sym link?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net