[lug] rpm spec: ldconfig-symlink

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 20:42:27 MDT 2005

Hugh Brown wrote:
> I've seen a number of packages set the post install "shell" to be
> ldconfig for coping with libraries.
>
> %post -p /sbin/ldconfig
>
> %postun -p /sbin/ldconfig  is probably useful too.

Hmm...so possibly ldconfig can create sym links for me some way? I've
been trying to either create them with ln in the rpm or ln in the
Makefile then a copy. I thought I saw somewhere that the -p just meant
to do this in a default shell (which would be bash). What it comes down
to is that rpmlint will not accept a library with sym links, nor will it
accept one without sym links...heads I lose, tails it wins.

But rpmlint is also claiming my lib is not compiled -fPIC, which I know
is wrong, it *IS*, so rpmlint is looking buggier to me by the minute.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net