[lug] need rpm dev forum

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:40:11 MDT 2005

On 7/18/05, Michael Hirsch <mdhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another option that I've had great success with is checkinstall
> http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/  If you have a makefile
> with an "install" target checkinstall will build an rpm (or dep, or
> slackware package) trivially.  I use it when I install software from
> scratch so I can remove it easily, too.

I'm definitely an RPM lightweight, but I have read in the past that
checkinstall produces "low quality" RPMs, whatever that means. I know
that some distro had a general policy of not accepting RPMs produced
with checkinstall. I never heard any specifics

--
 Collins
       Head teachers of the world unite: you have nothing to lose but