[lug] rpmbuild and _unpackaged_files_terminate_build

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 10:44:02 MDT 2005

Zan Lynx wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 19:54 -0600, D. Stimits wrote:

>> > You either want to list these in a %files section for one of the
>> > binary RPMs you are generating, or you want to:
>> >
>> > %define _unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0
>

> You seem to be having a lot of trouble with this.  It really isn't this
> hard.  Have you downloaded a few Fedora Core 4 SRPMS and looked at how
> it's done by the pros?

I haven't looked at kernel rpm's, but they differ from regular libraries
by quite a bit. As far as examples...I've looked through a LOT. Many of
the examples also fail rpmlint in some way. What I have now is working,
and I think I have to give up on making rpmlint pass with no
errors/warnings, it's just plain buggy on FC4. There are a few things I
still want to figure out.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net