[lug] rpmbuild and _unpackaged_files_terminate_build

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 11:28:38 MDT 2005

Zan Lynx wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 10:44 -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
>
>>Zan Lynx wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>>You seem to be having a lot of trouble with this.  It really isn't this
>>>hard.  Have you downloaded a few Fedora Core 4 SRPMS and looked at how
>>>it's done by the pros?
>>
>>I haven't looked at kernel rpm's, but they differ from regular libraries
>>by quite a bit. As far as examples...I've looked through a LOT.
>

> You didn't even click the link...
> Those are not kernel RPMs.  mirrors.kernel.org mirrors some things like
> Fedora as well as other stuff.

The links there though are pretty much the same as the packages
available as fedora core or fedora extras. I assumed you wanted me to
look at kernel rpm's, since I had mentioned that I had already looked at
a very large number of fedora rpm's. My apology if I didn't make that
clear...most of what I have already succeeded at is either due to Hugh
Brown getting past a major snafu, or examples from those very packages.
I haven't found an answer to other questions through examples. One of
these days I think I'd like to create a repository of nothing but spec
files and create some form of search/cross-reference db to the spec file
content.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net