[lug] library naming conventions, sym links

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 16:33:24 MDT 2005

> Time to file a bug with rpmlint, I'd say.

I wish it were that easy, but rpmlint is not part of the main Fedora,
and does seem more closely related to Mandrake. I found a packager email
address, and sent an email about another bug a while back to what
*might* be the maintainer, but had no response. I don't think there is a
bugzilla system set up for it, and the other bug is definitely worse (on
gcc4 compilers it falsely dies not recognizing PIC code...I guess the
ABI change in gcc4 breaks rpmlint's relocateable code detection).
Anyway, rpmlint seems to be only partially maintained.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net