[lug] Need Advice on Domain Registration Services

Greg Seker sekerg at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 10:32:02 MDT 2005

GoDaddy has worked great for me.

If you want to try a reseller, www.zekernet.com has worked for me.
Setup an account and send info at zekernet.com an E-mail asking for reduced
pricing (need account name) as a Linux user group member ... they'll give
you
reduced pricing... I think that is $7.42 per year.
  -- AND you get a 2nd yr free on a transfer
  -- drops to 3.99 a yr with any other non Domain name product you purchase.

I was able to get:
   2yr Domin Name registration (1yr private ... by proxy .. additional cost)
   1yr Economy hosting (/w php; 500MB, 100 emails, 1 MySQL DB, 25GB xfer
rate/mo)
Total:  $51.46

Can anyone get a website served up for a year, with private domain reg under
$50 ?

--Greg