[lug] clustering/network help and ideas...

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 12:41:36 MDT 2005

Dallas Masters wrote:
> I mostly lurk, but I'm working on some ideas for a network or
> pseudo-cluster that need help with the file system.  The LAN will be
Can't help you with filesystem, but I'll recommend you check out
something written by IBM as part of whatever you do:
http://evms.sourceforge.net

EVMS is a volume management system layer on top of LVM2. If you can use
this in conjunction with whatever filesystem you eventually choose, it
might simplify life for you in the long run. It might also give you some
choices on changing your mind in mid-process as to what sort of
filesystem you use.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net