[lug] Wanted: YOUR OPINION! How much $ for Dual Monitor feature in Fedora?

Robert George Mayer mayer at acm.org
Tue Jul 26 22:49:43 MDT 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 09:51 pm, Siegfried Heintze wrote:

<snip>
> (2) Now they tell me they cannot get the dual monitor feature to work on
> fedora. I assume they are using a fairly recent release. (I was actually in
> the store in late May when they had the dual monitor feature working, but
> not the sound driver). Now they have the sound driver working but not the
> dual monitor feature. I know they have experimented with other linux distro
> too.
<snip>

I think that the way I got Xinerama to work was to first add the following
lines to /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option      "Xinerama"
EndSection

Restart X.

Now, when you run system-config-display, the gui will have a tab "Dual head".
Toggle on the "Use dual head" button.

I may not have all the details right, if you want I will post my xorg.conf
file.

- BOB