[lug] Followup on FVWM and LUG

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Thu Jul 28 09:40:18 MDT 2005

Followup on the earlier FVWM discussion.

- the FVWM is dual tracked.  2.4 is stable, 2.5 is development.
The latter clearly states that features can come and go without
warning.

- the Debian maintainer is a Really Experienced Developer Familiar
With The Software and thinks the developmental version is just
fine and how dare a lowly worm like me question His revealed wisdom?

Okay, I'm exaggerating the second item.  (But there's still a
grain of truth in it.)

I know some people have been concerned about the quality of Debian
maintainers recently (esp. the security team).  I thought this guy
was an old timer, but I may be mistaken.  I would have expected
any old-timer to understand the need for separate fvwm2.4 and
fvwm2.5 packages, and that the primary version would be 2.4.

Bear