[lug] Stale NFS File Handle

Dan Ferris dan at usrsbin.com
Thu Aug 4 18:17:35 MDT 2005

An Update...

Turning off subtree checking seems to have mitigated the problem, but
not solved it.

Tomorrow I'm going to test out an LVM volume with ext3 instead of jfs.
I'm going to test with both fstab mounts and the automounter to see if
the automounter makes any difference.  If ext3 solves the problem I
guess I'll just have to figure out a way to live with it's limits.  Or
I'll try reiserfs to see if that works.  I've had problems with reiser
in the past, maybe it's better now.  It would kind of suck to move off
of jfs, I've been very happy with it.

I'll report back to the list what I find out.

Thank you again for all the responses, they have been most helpful.

Dan Ferris