[lug] Stale NFS File Handle

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Thu Aug 4 19:22:13 MDT 2005

Dan Ferris wrote:
> An Update...
>
> Turning off subtree checking seems to have mitigated the problem, but
> not solved it.
Do things change under load? The problem I had didn't show up unless
there was some load. But once there was load the stale handle error
consistently occurred -- rsyncing a dir tree with 110,000+ files would
always trigger the problem. I use  xfs with lvm2. I didn't change file
systems to fix the problem.