[lug] subversion questions

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Aug 10 08:11:43 MDT 2005

I'm fairly confident that on previous versions of subversion (1.0 and 1.1
I believe),
you needed the client to be at a minimum level to work with the server
(and those two didn't get
along).

In looking at the release notes for 1.2, it seems that everybody should
just "get along," though it doesn't talk directly to the issue of old
clients accessing new servers.

You should be able to remove the file from your checkout via an svn
command and then re-check it out.  It's possible that the back-end
repository got upgraded between when you checked out and when you tried to
commit.

Hugh