[lug] ARRG! Change One Little Thing And...

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Tue Aug 16 08:44:12 MDT 2005

My web server (apache on RH 9) has been ticking along perfectly for months
with no restarts, but then someone told me one of my web pages wasn't
producing the right mime type for an SVG file. So I added

AddType image/svg+xml .svg

to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, and tried to resart the httpd service.
Well, it stopped allright, but it won't start now, and I get this message:

Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to
address 0.0.0.0:443 no listening sockets available, shutting down

Does anyone know what this means (besides the fact that my web site is now
flatlined?)

TIA,

- Bill Thoen