[lug] cron shell debian

Nick Golder nrg at nirgo.net
Tue Aug 16 15:35:04 MDT 2005

On 2005-08-16 15:18 -0600, Shannon Johnston wrote:
> I'm under the impression that cron doesn't have the luxury of
> environment variables and paths set. So the easiest(?) way would be to
> set those at the beginning of the script you are wanting to run.
>
> I'm not a cron expert, so please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

/usr/share/doc/cron/FEATURES
	Environment variables can be set in each crontab.  SHELL, USER,
        LOGNAME, and HOME are set from the user's passwd entry; all except
        USER can be changed in the crontab.  PATH is especially useful to
        set there.  TZ can be set, but cron ignores it other than passing
        it on through to the commands it runs.

--
-Nick Golder