[lug] cron shell debian

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:36:12 MDT 2005

On 8/16/05, Shannon Johnston <sjohnston at cavionplus.com> wrote:
> I agree with this. This allows you to move the script to different
> systems and not have to reset PATH every time.

Seems like it depends on whether you do lots of crontabs on one
machine, or lots of machines with fewer crontabs.  If you expect to
write lots of cron jobs on one machine, it makes sense to setup your
environment once, then use it multiple times.  But if you are goign to
me moving scripts around to various machines, it is a good idea to
have the script be completely self contained.

Michael