[lug] Router Recommendation

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Tue Aug 23 22:08:57 MDT 2005

I'm on the market for a router/switch and I was hoping someone would have a
recommendation.

I'm putting two servers in a colocation facility, and the facility prefers
that I provide my own router, and they would provide a sub-net. Since it's a
colocation facility, you pay through the nose for every U, and power drop.
Does anyone have a suggestion  for a budget rackmount router, that
preferably includes a switch with 4-8 ports?

I've looked over the linksys stuff but it's not obvious if they would work.
According to them their rackmount SOHO units would not work.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585