[lug] glibc and yum update woes

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 23:06:45 MDT 2005

On 8/27/05, D. Stimits <stimits at comcast.net> wrote:
> Well, through a judicious use of yum erase and --nodeps on glibc 2.3.90
> (this made me really nervous, I thought I'd never do this), I got rid of
> some of those problems and used yum update to get all of my glibc
> working via yum. I'm still a bit disgusted that they'd put something
> like gqview on fedora-extras as an update that requires a dependency not
> available on any of the fedora servers.

Well, you did realize that FC is not designed to be a stable platform
but rather a platform for experimentation, right? You've put yourself
on the [bleeding|leading] edge of RH development. That being said, did
you report what you found as a bug?

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write