[lug] firefox extensions hosed

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 16:27:44 MDT 2005

Hugh Brown wrote:
> I seem to have hosed my firefox profile (I'd like to preserve some of
> it) with the forecastfox extension.  firefox segfaults every time I go
> to the extensions view.  Is there a way to start up firefox w/o loading
> the extensions?  Alternatively is there a way to heal a profile?

Sometimes in mozilla (I'm assuming mozilla and firefox are the same in
this regard, YMMV) you can remove the prefs.js file. You might move it
to another location, and if startup works, diff it and edit back in
things you want till you see what broke it. If that doesn't do it, you
might try removing the XUL.mfasl file. Also, manually delete all the
Cache stuff.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net