[lug] Installation Questions for Fedora

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Mon Aug 29 18:28:54 MDT 2005

Is this an appropriate place to post linux questions? I have some basic ones
concerning the installation of Fedora core 4 FC4. There is probably some
forum out there for shell questions that is not specific to boulder... If
such a forum is more appropriate, let me know.

(1) I just figured out how to ping my router using the ifconfig and route
commands. Do I have to edit some file to make these changes permanent?

(2) What is the command to specify my DNS server?

(3) Neither my man or info pages work. I get an error message about
"Warning: old character encodings and/or character set". Hmmm... I wonder
hat the difference between a character set and a character encode is? Well
anyway, I can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks,
Siegfried