[lug] mandriva 10.2 limited edition 2005

David Bell dave at evad.info
Wed Aug 31 09:50:16 MDT 2005

Michael Belanger wrote:

>On Wed, August 31, 2005 9:09 am, Michael Hirsch said:
>

>>Hugh,
>>
>>I'm glad you found the extra urpm site. Even though the release came on 6
>>CDs, it seems like there are still a few critical rpms on the net, only. I
>>don't know why they do that--sometimes I think that they just forgot to
>>put
>>them on the CD.
>>

>That was what really turned me off to debian.  I spent a week downloading
>umpteen cd images, burned them all, and it STILL had dependency issues.
>Debian is good -- once you do get it installed and working.

Uh, I've never had such a problem. You download one CD - the minimal
boot CD or the first CD, and then you set your APT repository to HTTP or
FTP, and then you just download the rest. Given that most people have
high-speed internet connections (and in this area, like me, Comcast
Cable), it's not difficult to do.

I've never had a problem with installing Debian... Installing Ubuntu or
Fedora, those I've had plenty of problems with ;)