[lug] Repair Reiserfs root partition

Bob Collins bcollins at fpcc.net
Wed Aug 31 23:06:04 MDT 2005

My hard drive has 9 fixable corruptions.  I am taken into single user
and told to run reiserfsck --fix-fixables.  I do and it says it is read
only mode, which it isn't but it is the root (/) partition.  Starting up
with the SuSE 9.0 DVD takes me to where I am offer the choice of fixing
problems.  I run this and it tells me it is repaired, but it isn't.  I
think that is because it is the root partition.

I don't have any floppies that will let me boot up with a root ram disk
with the tools to fix the partion.  Does anyone know where to get such a
thing or have a better solution.

Appreciate all comments.

Bob