[lug] mandriva 10.2 limited edition 2005

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 08:43:54 MDT 2005

On 8/31/05, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> Jean. E. Adams wrote:
> [...]
> > Mandrake has a similar system to Debian's Apt-get. It is just as
> > easy in Mdk to install/update using urpmi. If you go to the
> > http://addmedia.linuxfordummies.org/ site you can add mirrors for the
> > urpmi system which makes updating and loading pre-made programs a
> > breeze.
>
> Can Mdk do this:
>
> You installed foo, which depended on bar. When you uninstall foo, will
> bar be uninstalled too, or do you have to remember to uninstall it as
> well? Do you get a log of all the install/upgrade/uninstall activity?

I think you have to remember to uninstall it yourself. I so rarely uninstall
things that I haven't pursued this.

Just curious, I haven't found any RPM tools that do the above.

Doesn't apt do this? Apt works great with rpms, you know.

BTW, I don't think apt does this always--what is the command or setting to
get it to uninstall bar when you remove foo?

Michael