[lug] How to start nfs sharing on RHEL 3.0

Dan Julio djulio99 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 11:40:35 MDT 2005

Hello all,

I've ended up having to administer a RHEL 3.0 server
(a job I'm not qualified for...).  I want to have it
export some filesystems for mounting by other linux,
solaris and mac os x clients.

I used the "NFS Server Configuration" tool to
configure the mount points and start the necessary
daemons (I can mount the filesystems after using that
tool).

However when I reboot the machine, even though the
mount points show up in the tool window, the necessary
daemons aren't started automatically.  They are
started if I open (select "properties") the mount
points from the tool and just click OK.

How can I configure the machine to start sharing on
boot-up?  Is there some start-up file that needs
editing?

Thanks, Dan