[lug] Recommendations for Instructions on Mounting W2K file systems

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 2 14:45:13 MDT 2005

> Anyway has anyone successfully mounted a local or remote ntfs partition
> from Fedora Core 4? If so, how did you do it? Can you point me to the
> instructions?

For the local ntfs partition, this is a good howto.

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-fc4.html#ntfs

You mention having already installed the driver rpm, but before ntfs
shows up in /proc/filesystems, you may need to load the module:

depmod -a (if you have not rebooted since installing the rpm)
modprobe ntfs

It should not, however, be necessary to manually load the module this
way.  "mount -t ntfs" should do it automatically.