[lug] Qwest Basic service w/ single static IP

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:12:36 MDT 2005

On 9/16/05, Lee Woodworth <blug-mail at duboulder.com> wrote:

> Our experience has been that qwest DSL and comcast cable service at client
> sites will routinely go out and require a power cycle on the modem.

I must live in La-La land (SE Aurora). I've used Comcast (<--ATT
<-- at home) for more years than I can remember, and I can count on the
fingers of one hand (without using all the fingers) the number of
outages requiring a modem reset in that period of time. Comcast, in my
experience, is like the Everready Bunny. What's the possibility of
flaky modems?

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write