[lug] Bacula

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Mon Sep 19 18:49:56 MDT 2005

>> Got the RPM files.  Couldn't install the RPM's unless the mysql root
>> password was empty.  Huh?  Ok, I set the password to blank since the
>> test machine was Internet connected.
>>

> Now you've hit a packaging bug - a critical one at that.

One of the specs I've seen looking at rpm building documents for fedora
is that they don't accept packages which require interaction, at least
not for main packages...it would break automated install. Still, I'd
think providing a setup script in /usr/share/docs/ would be better than
embedding a fixed pass, or requiring no pass at all.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net